Old May 14th 11, 09:13 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Leachim Sredna

Default My troublesome P5W DH De Luxe boards

Well I've tried all that, and neiither board will boot up or even produce
the slightest beep, that is, out of the case and without any RAM, video card
or other devices installed. Even with another case speaker. I even replaced
the 'button-like" 3v system batteires for new ones, without avail. The
yellow light on both boards comes on, the CPU fan spin up, but no more joy.

Now, here's a slightly intriguing aspect of the situation. While the 1.03G
revision board with an E6750 processor and a recent BIOS will power off
again if I keep the case power putton pressed more than 4 sec (which is how
I like to set a BIOS), the 1.04G revision board with an E6850 processor and
an unknown and untested (by me) BIOS will not power off in this way. So
something is being read somewhere in the BIOS, at least in the first
instance, it would seem.

I'm uncertain what to try next (short of obtaining a third and still
possibly dodgy P5W DH board, being unwilling to throw good money after bad).

Grateful any help/suggestions,. Scrap both boards and obtain a simple board
which uses the same CPU socket and DDR2 RAM ?

Thanks in advance;

Leachim Sredna

"Leachim Sredna" wrote in message
. fr...
Thanks Paul, I'll try that. May have to add a small system speaker, as I
can't recall ever getting a beep out of this case...
LS