Old October 10th 04, 12:53 AM
MJ

Thanks.
What about those power supplies that are PC-I express and Serial ATA ready?
(I don't use either at the moment)... If I ever did use them in the future,
would I have to upgrade to that kind of PSU or is that a marketing gimic???
I am assuming you could just buy some kind of adapter cord....\
Thanks again

"DaveW" wrote in message
If you want to drive all that hardware and that video card, I would
recommend nothing less than the Antec 550 Watt True Power.

--
DaveW

"MJ" wrote in message
link.net...
I have been running my 6800 Ultra with no problems on my Antec 430, but
when
I hook up a couple more hard drives, I can't post to WinXP. (Or have

other
problems...) I have tried all kinds of configurations with my PSU cords

try and split the power evenly but nothing works. I have a lot of other
periphs. connected as well.

My question is, if I upgrade my PSU, how high of wattage should i go?

and
what are some reliable PSUs?

willing to spend around $80 or so..... but I don't want a POS.

TIA,
MJ

AMD xp2800
GF6800 Ultra