Old January 19th 05, 12:08 AM
Browser Joe

Default bios flashing problem with a7v400-mx

I'm having difficulty flashing the bios with asus update in win xp. Each
time I try to update or download from the net, it says no proper bios
images found... I'm on 1006, and they now have 1009... Also, I manually
downloaded the bios flash file, and tried to update it from file and it
says that the bios has a later date than the current bios, please use
asus dos flash utility to perform this action.

Well, with a warning I don't wanna fool with bios flashing. I have
flashed the bios before in winxp (1004 - 1006). I also found it odd that
if I connected to the germany site, the program would say it has a newer
version then would update itself, great! Then if I were to go to the us
site, it would say there is a newer version, but would downgrade it?

I dunno, has anyone had this problem?

Thanks.