Old December 14th 04, 01:04 AM
Richard Morey

Default Recommendations for Video Card Upgrade

Hi --

I have decided it is time to upgrade my older AGP video card and I am
looking for advice. I currently have a P-III system witn an Intel board and
I think the AGP slot is 1x or possibly 2x.

I am also planning to get a flat screen monitor, but I'm thinking about
eventually getting a second flat screen as I want to slowly upgrade my
machine (new mother board / cpu, etc.)

My question is -- should I get a single high end video card with dual
monitor outs, or two seperate video cards? And if I opt for 2 video cards,
should I get 1 AGP card (its seems no mother boards have more than 1 AGP
slot) and 1 PCI card, or 2 PCI cards? Should I get 2 of the same cards?

I am begining to get into video editting -- currently using Adobe Premiere
Elements -- but I'd like to eventually move up to Adobe Premiere Pro and I'm
also interesting in learning about 3D modeling and so I'd like to get a
vidoe card or cards that will be good for 3D modeling as well.

Thanks,

Rich