Old December 17th 03, 11:04 PM

Noozer wrote:
I've installed Windows xp and everything is working fine, except for the
shutdown procedure. After shutting down the system, I get the message

'It is

now safe to turn off your computer" and I have to press and hold the

power

button for about 5 seconds in order to turn off the machine (one brief

press

doesn't work!).
I enabled APM in the power options (thus tab APM is available), but this
causes the machine to restart!

You don't have an AT power supply on this MB, do you??? If you do, it
will NOT shut the power down.

If he did, the front power button would work instantly. Good try though!

It's probably a combination of BIOS settings, mainboard and how Windows read
the hardware when it was installed.

Whoops!!!! I missed the comment about the power button.