Old August 20th 04, 06:29 AM
Minotaur

Robert Jackson wrote:
whats the point of this upgrade? keep the a7n8x and wait for 64bit upgrade

Well got the board for cost price, so it didn't cost a lot.

Basicaly, am lazy, don't wish to do the voltage mods on this A7N8X.
So swapping it for an AN7, as it can supply more voltage to the CPU and
RAM. That should help the water cooled mobile CPU and BH-5 RAM a fair
bit as they are being held back by the MB the way it is now..

"Minotaur" wrote in message

About to replace my A7N8X for a new AN7. Currently using two Raptors in
SATA RAID, any knowen issues with tranfering the drives?
I presume it should all be OK as they have the same Promise SATA
controllers on both boards, correct?

Hoping it shall be as easy as it has been in the past (uninstall MB
drivers etc), just never transfered SATA RAID drives between systems.

Also anyone recommend a reliable BIOS for the AN7 for overclocking?

Cheers Minotaur *8)