Old December 23rd 03, 08:46 AM
ice

Default Mhz Speed Problems on Compaq Presario 2100 Laptop

I recently purchased a Compaq Presario 2100 Laptop. The processor is
an Athlon XP Mobile 2400+. I know the actual readout of Mhz is not
going to be 2400 Mhz, but I know for sure that the 518 Mhz read out
that I am getting is definatley wrong. I am not sure if the problem
lies in the readout, or if I am only getting 518 Mhz out of my
machine. The BIOS provides no controls for controlling CPU speed.
Does anyone know any ways of fixing this problem?