Old February 13th 07, 04:34 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components
JAD

Default Does USB "connector" = socket or plug or both?

connector identifies the type of interface being attached. firewire - USB (mini ,A
,B) -serial- parallel -IDE -SATA -Molex

"Jon D" wrote in message ...
Can you explain the what the term "connector" refers to?

I would have *guessed* that "connector" refers to bothe the socket and
the plug.

But when I look at a chart of USB plug and socket dimensions
then I see "connector" being used to describe only the socket.

See http://www.us-electronics.com/files/usbconnectors.pdf.

What is the correct usage of the term "connector" with respect to
computers?