Old January 15th 14, 08:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Le Forgeron[_2_]

Default Better Forum for nVidia

Le 15/01/2014 00:22, Paul nous fit lire :
On 1/14/2014 4:46 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 16:05:56 -0500, Paul wrote:

On 1/14/2014 2:36 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 00:30:58 -0500, Paul wrote:

On 1/13/2014 10:32 PM, W wrote:
The traffic in this group is way down from its previous levels.
Is there a
better place to use for nVidia forum support these days?

https://forums.geforce.com/ ???

Paul

Paul,
When I go to the above site, I get the following warning that

"The security certificate presented by this website has expired or
is not yet
valid"

What is the cause of this and is it safe to proceed?

charliec

Works in Firefox, Seamonkey, and IE11. No problems.
These are recent versions, loaded on Windows 8.1.

Your browser might be the problem, somehow.

Paul

I'm on Win7, 64bit - and IEv10 - I don't get this with other sites,
just this
one?

charliec

The browser has a lock icon (somewhere). On one browser, it was to
the left of the URL entry line. On a second browser, it was in the
lower right hand corner of the browser window.

Accessing the lock icon, gives a "view certificate" thing. It shows
the certificate my browser apparently accepted to make the SSL session.

Here, shows the certificate that NVidia is using for their forum SSL
connection.

http://i43.tinypic.com/fp5t8l.gif

As I don't know what certificates are, how you can force the browser
to eat them and so on, I can't help more than that.

Paul

The certificate is ok, but some browser might not trust the signer.
The chains are Nvidia--RapidSSl--GeoTrust and
Nvidia--RapidSSL--GeoTrust--Equifax

Nevertheless, they use RC4 on TLS, and it's broken.
(and they honor client-initiated renegotiation, which is nice for
browsers but open the server to DoS attack)

I used the extension CipherFox on firefox to retrieve a synthetic view
of the chain. The certificate got a global A rating.