Old March 8th 06, 07:40 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Default Will Intel catch up to AMD this year?

The stuff I heard about AMD in the late 90's might still come back to
haunt them. I know they had issues getting into ceartain manufacturing
settings. Issues with excel and other stuff of the like. If AMD has
shaped up and not had anymore parity errors of the olden days then YES
They could forseeable start ripping into intel badly.

Remeber RDRAM (Rimms) and jumping on the pentium pro arcitechure too
soon? Intel has the problem with "were right because we're the biggest
and not because it the best" With that attitude it's not a matter of IF
but WHEN they start hurting.(they are not hurting as of yet)

They are sucking as far as taking care of employees as well as rampant
political BS getting in the way of engineering and making this stuff
work.