Old November 10th 18, 08:38 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default No demarcation FX-octal woe blues

Bought mine, an octal Fx when the Ryzen fireworks went off, a bomb by
industry standards, at least for octals. I swear to God, they're
getting all teary-eyed about this, people who know better talking
about buying them for the vintage retro-aspect, and such, unresistably
drawn back into a sheer haze of mind-blowing value.

Now that they're a third less. No, but wait, there's more and that's
not quite true:

AMD FX-9590 8-core 4.7 GHz Socket AM3+ 220W Black Edition Desktop
Processor FD9590FHHKWOF ($80-ish)

That's what costs now what I paid -- with winter coming on I suppose I
could regret another space heater, dedicated fuse box to be sure

AMD FD8350FRHKBOX FX-8350 FX-Series 8-Core Black Edition Processor
$64.99
Frequency: 4.0/4.2GHZ (Base/Overdrive)
Power Wattage: 125W

I paid the 9590 price on instead an E-suffix series @ 3.2-3.8 "Turbo"
spread & 95-watt. Still, I must confess, a sullen 5Ghz does tend
weigh in for one $80 Beastie Boy.