Old December 10th 06, 03:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
First of One

Default Does an Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX work on an Asus P5WD2 Premium motherboard?

Your current BIOS should be fine. The 7950GX2 was an oddball because it
included an onboard PCIe bridge/divider chip to split the PCIe lanes between
the two daughtercards. The 8800 obviously doesn't have this chip.

"Todd" wrote in message
ups.com...
I know my motherboard, this Asus P5WD2 Premium (not the 'E' variant),
needed a bios update to support the Nvidia GeForce 7950GX2 board, so I
wondering (and worrying) if the 8800 GTX was going to work.

The current bios available for the P5WD2 is 0709 (which I am using),
and there is a beta bios which is 0802.

Anyone with information if this will work?

Thanks, I appreciate it!