Old August 21st 04, 03:52 AM
Ben Myers

Some printer driver installs want you to connect up the printer first, then run
the install. Others want you to install first, then hook up the printer. Many
printer software installs for USB printers fail to work properly if their rigid
pain-in-the-backside rules are not followed exactly.

Check USB cable connections at both ends.

Possibly try another USB cable?

Long USB cables sometimes do not work worth a darn. I had to replace a 50' USB
cable which my client wanted, connecting the printer instead to another computer
with a much shorter cable. Then his USB printer began working like a real
printer.

That's about all I can suggest without any further symptoms which you need to
provide, e.g. error messages, etc... Ben Myers

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 19:08:16 -0700, "Paul Filion" wrote:

So far I have never been able to install either a HP Laserjet or EPSON
Stylus
USB printer on our Dell Dimension 4500.

Anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks