Old February 15th 05, 05:25 AM
Eddie Aftandilian

"Patrick L. Parks" wrote in message

According to tech support today, the older FP1800 is likely not going to
work properly because the newer video card is a PCI Express card and the
older machine was AGP.

They claim technology differences in the two cards will result in this
type of flakey behavior.

It's too bad that the tech I talked to last night for over 3 hours
couldn't find any of that information out.

Anyway, anybody ever hear of anything like certain generations of Flat
Panel DVI displays won't work with the newer PCI Express video cards?
Sounded fishy to me, but it doesn't seem to be working, so maybe they are
onto something.

Something like that *shouldn't* make a difference, since the monitor and the
video card communicate via DVI regardless of the video card slot type. But
for what it's worth, I have an AGP 6800 in a home-built machine connected to
an 1800FP via DVI, and I don't see this problem. I'm using the Nvidia 66.93
drivers like you are.