Old August 9th 08, 08:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Shawk[_2_]

Default eVGA GF 9600 GT fast as the dickens

Mr.E Solved! wrote:
Shawk wrote:
Augustus wrote:
"johns" wrote in message
AquaMark3d benched this $120 card at 176,694.

Faster than my BFG 8800 GTO which benched at about 155,000.

I had not even thought about upgrading my 8800 until
I saw this on my test bench. Holy cat! And what I really
like about this test card is it is quiet. At post, the fan
is your typical nVidia fan ... loud and annoying ... but
then it goes quiet once the PC is up. I did not test it
in a game, nor did I look at cooling.

A BFG 8800GTO? Can't find any such beast on BFG's website or
Google....so I suspect you mean an 8800GTS 320Mb or 640Mb. Because an
G92 8800GT or GTS will outperform any 9600GT. I own both and have
tested them extensively in both synthetic and real world benchmarks.
Aquamark is an ancient synthetic bench that is highly CPU dependent.
Your 9600GT got a score of 155,000 with what system specs? My E8400
box running at a stock 3.0Ghz with a Galaxy 8800GT 512Mb card gets
181,000. I normally run the system at 3.8Ghz.....it gets 220,000 with
the same card at this speed. What does that tell you?

Had this conversation (no such card) with johns numerous times in
comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action. The guy is either a nut or a troll.

He'll tell you next that he knows what he's talking about because he's
a chip level programmer

johns is a regular, he makes more sense when he posts before he hits the
Vodak.

Ah, don't seem to have come across him in the sober state yet then.

He doesn't seem to understand certain fundamentals very well and that
trips him up often.

Not just on video cards.