Old August 8th 08, 10:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
johns

Default eVGA GF 9600 GT fast as the dickens

AquaMark3d benched this $120 card at 176,694.

Faster than my BFG 8800 GTO which benched at about 155,000.

I had not even thought about upgrading my 8800 until
I saw this on my test bench. Holy cat! And what I really
like about this test card is it is quiet. At post, the fan
is your typical nVidia fan ... loud and annoying ... but
then it goes quiet once the PC is up. I did not test it
in a game, nor did I look at cooling.

Is the 9800 GT even better than that ? I just might be
looking at an upgrade this Fall, if this is not a fluke.

What about noise and temp control? I finally decided
to put a Zalman on my 8800 ... and you can stick it,
BFG ! I'm going to have a quiet card that lasts a year
or so, and you can shove your tech support UP YOURS !
I don't want to go through that on a 9800 running even
faster.

I read all the reports on the failing GPUs. Gee, I wonder
why ? That is what nVidia gets for all the lies about
how hot their cards could run ... and the stinking sorry
fans they are using. We all knew about this last year
with 8800s sitting idle at 90 degrees C, and companies
like BFG claiming that was OK. Nonsense. A Zalman
can fix that crap in a minute, and the cards run fine
from then on. Those GPUs aren't bad. The entire problem
is the crappy screaming worthless fans that are on the
nVidia cards. Not to mention the sloppy assembly job
on those warped fan heatsinks that don't even contact
the GPU. I knew this chicken would come home to
roost. You are getting exactly what you deserve, nVidia !

johns