Old December 16th 08, 09:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Memnoch

Default Nvidia control panel: Installed games not showing

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 12:13:20 -0500, Folk wrote:

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 08:39:57 GMT, Memnoch
wrote:

I've been doing some reading about this and it seems fairly common but no
common fixes beyond guesswork. I have several games installed and only one of
them shows in the Nivida control panel, under Program Settings. The game in
question is STALKER - Clear Sky. I also have Far Cry 2, GTA 4 and several
others installed but these do not show. They of course are present when you
untick the box "Show only programs found on this computer". Since I first
noticed this I have installed several driver updates and am now running 180.84
but the problem persists.

Any one else getting this? By the way, I can add other programs that are not
present in the provided list, which was a different issue some users reported.

I had the same problem. I assumed it was because I install my games
in a non-standard location (E: drive).

All of mine are installed on D. If I try and manually add a game that it knows
about it won't let me so that part of it is working fine, i.e. it won't let me
because it already knows about that program. Strange that Clear Sky should
work and nothing else. Not all of the titles installed are 'Games for Windows'
ones either, which was another theory.