Old September 26th 08, 04:09 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis[_3_]

Default new 530S and axin probelms

"xanth" wrote in message
Greetings all,

I have been reloading mysoftware for the new PC. When I get to activsync
4.xx I can get the axim to load fine but I lose the abilty to use my
fax/modem. Somehow the axim and the modem are on the same COM3. if i leave
the axim unplugged the modem/fax works, if it is plugged in the modem/fax
lock up.

I have tried to find a solution but so far have failed, that is why I am
here , looking for some help or guidance to a website for help.

Thanks

Dave-

No solution, but an option might be to either use an online fax service or a
standalone fax machine. Most OEM modems are more effective as fishing lures
than reliable devices - I'd bet they cost PC mfrs less than $5.

All that said, you might try to find an updated modem driver/software
version - or if it worked at one time you might try to identify the specific
version(s) of any softwares for both the modem and Axim.