Old January 14th 07, 07:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One

Default GF7600 GS AGP - will it work on Via Kt133A chipset motherboard

"Lars-Erik Østerud" .@. wrote in message
Also MBM show that my PSU today deliver +12V at 11.40V, and that at
the low limit allready. Pushing it more would reduce this further,
right, and that would push the voltage below the acceptable limits
(I don't know what to low/high voltages will do to a computer system)

The hardware monitoring sensors on the motherboard aren't that accurate. An
error of +/- 10% is quite the norm (and this goes for both voltage and
temperature readings). The only way to know for sure is to probe the pins
with a voltmeter.

My two ATi X1900XT cards have a 6 C split in the GPU temperature readings. I
know this is solely due to sensor calibration tolerances because the 6 C
split is constant regardless of graphics workload.

How do you tell that is on what rail in a PSU, I though the 1st 12V
aril was for the CPU power only and the 2nd for MB and all other stuff

You'll have to dig this up from the PSU user's manual, but even then it
isn't a guarantee. Sometimes a PSU (like the Corsair 620W) is advertised as
having multiple 12V rails, but is internally wired up as only one 12V rail
with 40+A capacity. Don't worry about it. A 7600GS draws very little power.

Have tried, but no one has a good answer. Asus have some general FAQ
saying that cards without ISA stuff don't need it, but no list of MBs,
and when I ask them the say that "your supplier should be able to
deliver a PSU that can deliver -5V" - even if my question was: "Does
the P4PE require -5V" (they designed it, they really should know :-)

http://www.formfactors.org/developer...public_br2.pdf
Looking at the document revision history, the -5V requirement had been
stricken from the ATX specification half a decade ago. Equipping a modern
PSU with the -5V rail would in fact constitute a violation of the standard.

My Asus A8R-MVP motherboard still has -5V listed in the power connector
diagram. I have successfully used two PSUs with it, first an Antec
Smartpower 400W and later an Enermax Liberty 620W. Neither has -5V. You
worry too much. :-)