Old January 13th 07, 01:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Lars-Erik Østerud

Default GF7600 GS AGP - will it work on Via Kt133A chipset motherboard

DRS wrote:

The CPU isn't the only factor, as it runs at about 1.5v anyway, but you also
have to factor in its cooler, not to mention the motherboard itself.
Regarding the HD, to pick an example, the Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 250GB
draws up to 2.8amps at spinup, around 1amp during ordinary use.

Also MBM show that my PSU today deliver +12V at 11.40V, and that at
the low limit allready. Pushing it more would reduce this further,
right, and that would push the voltage below the acceptable limits
(I don't know what to low/high voltages will do to a computer system)

distribute the load across different rails as he had both the card and his
hard disks all hanging off one rail (I couldn't tell you what its nominal

How do you tell that is on what rail in a PSU, I though the 1st 12V
aril was for the CPU power only and the 2nd for MB and all other stuff

Google this group or alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus on the -5v issue. I
remember reading recently it's an artifact from seriously old systems and

Have tried, but no one has a good answer. Asus have some general FAQ
saying that cards without ISA stuff don't need it, but no list of MBs,
and when I ask them the say that "your supplier should be able to
deliver a PSU that can deliver -5V" - even if my question was: "Does
the P4PE require -5V" (they designed it, they really should know :-)
--
Lars-Erik - http://www.osterud.name - ICQ 7297605
XP, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live