Old January 13th 07, 11:57 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Lars-Erik Østerud

Default GF7600 GS AGP - will it work on Via Kt133A chipset motherboard

DRS wrote:

The 7600GS is not power hungry and I know of people happily running it with
250W PSUs. The key is your 12v rail(s), not total nominal wattage. The

It's a Enermax 350W PSU with one 16A 12V line (not two as newer CPUs).

The 7600GS draws approximately 3A in 3D mode. If your 16A line is genuine
rather than nominal and you don't have heaps of other 12v devices then
you'll probably be OK but you'll need to do your homework first.

3A will be 36 watts, right. But I haven't the faitest idea how much
power a P4 2.54GHz draws. The DVD-writer don't pull any power for
writing during 3D gamplay anyway. What about my S-ATA 250GB HDD?

That's about it. What will happend if the PSU is to small anyway?
Can anything get damaged if the PSU can deliver (or breaks down)?

I'd rather buy a new PSU, but all the good ones lack the -5V line, and
even if I have no ISA devices I'm afraid to damage my motherboard if I
plug in a PSU without the -5V (I have an Asus P4PE motherboard)

The extra expense for a new PSU is no problem as I'll nuy it so big
that I can use it for my next complete system upgrade later :-)
--
Lars-Erik - http://www.osterud.name - ICQ 7297605
XP, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live