Old January 12th 07, 02:35 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mön§igñor ßoddoM

Default GF7600 GS AGP - will it work on Via Kt133A chipset motherboard

adr wrote:
Hi There

I have an ageing system:-
1.25G SD RAM
P3 1Ghz
Unamed motherboard utilising VIA KT133 chipset
GF3 Ti200 AGP card with 128M
hec 300 P4 ready power supply

Will a GF7600GS AGP run on this motherboard? At the moment I cannot get more
than 2XAGP from the motherboard without a somewhat dubious bios upgrade.

Another important consideration is power. Will a GF7600GS need an AGP slot
capable of delivering more power than this M'board can handle. I understand
extra power can be "injected" into the graphics board thru a molex plug -
is this possible on such a system?

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated....

Without 4x/8x support probably not. You would definitely have to power
the card, which may do in an older 300w PSU.
You can also factor in that Nvidia cards don't always work well with
older VIA chipsets.

Basically no. You would be better served using the expense to put
towards an a new system altogether. Any game or other program that would
utilize the power of the Graphics card would be constrained by the PIII
chip.