Old March 15th 06, 02:33 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default Test pins Compaq1600 Need to test output for battery volts

Hello,
Some one please help--I have an old laptop i use just to surf. Compaq
1600 now I know some of the older laptops do not work unless theres a
battery in them - ""I guess a working one. "" Im
looking to test the pins on the circuit board to see if Im getting
voltage with a meter. ( AKA to see if my battery is dead ) I dont get
anything on the test light on my battery . I want to make sure the
charging circuit is working before i get a battery this thing is not
worth putting money into unless its the battery is the problem. I
guess the circuit board could be bad aswell. But want some input

Please advise what pins to test toor where some where else maybe
testing points ,,,what readings I should get???????