Old November 4th 04, 09:27 AM
Ronny Mandal

In fact I do not need it, I need performance.

So you are saying that two IDE in e.g. RAID 0 wil outperform the SCSI disk
in speed, besides storgae etc?

Thanks.

Ronny Mandal

"Joris Dobbelsteen" wrote in message
Besides this these disks are way to expensive and you get much better
performance and several times the storage space by spending that money on
RAID array.

Why you need a Cheetah 15k disk?

- Joris

"Ronny Mandal" wrote in message
Hi.

I have a question.

I am really eager to buy a Seagate Cheetah 15K rmp disk for my

workstation.
The only issue is that I've heard that these disks are not suitable for
frequently power on/off, i.e. turning off the computer once or twice+ a

day.
They're more suitable to be left on, in e.g. a server, and that it is
hazardous to power on/off frequently.

Is this correct?

Thanks,

Ronny Mandal