Old January 15th 04, 11:56 AM
The Black Wibble

"Han" wrote in message news:vaoNb.69003$8H.108456@attbi_s03...
My Best Data 5600 FX 256 video card is way too bright.

I've played with my monitor adjustments, turning the brightness all the way
down. I've fiddled with the display control panel, experimenting with the
brightness, contrast and gamma settings. This causes the screen to become
muddy and skews the color palette.

I tried contacting Best Data tech support, which has been completely
unhelpful. I only get half-baked response written in broken English. They
offered to test the card at their repair facility, but that doesn't do me
any good. I make my living with my computer and can't afford to be without
it.

You should be able to adjust the brightness/contrast/gamma settings in software. What nvidia driver version
is installed? Is there an icon in the system tray called NVIDIA Settings from which you can select "Desktop
Colour Settings"? When you go to Display Properties-Settings-Advanced-{card name} and open the side panel,
is there an entry named "Colour Correction"?

Tony.

--
3GHz P4 (HT enabled)
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe