Old January 15th 04, 04:55 AM
Han

Default My Best Data nVidia Card Sucks

My Best Data 5600 FX 256 video card is way too bright.

I've played with my monitor adjustments, turning the brightness all the way
down. I've fiddled with the display control panel, experimenting with the
brightness, contrast and gamma settings. This causes the screen to become
muddy and skews the color palette.

I tried contacting Best Data tech support, which has been completely
unhelpful. I only get half-baked response written in broken English. They
offered to test the card at their repair facility, but that doesn't do me
any good. I make my living with my computer and can't afford to be without
it.

My monitor is a Sony G400 19" has served me well for over three years and
worked flawlessly with my previous computer and video card, a VisionTek
Xtasy 4200.

I feel very let down by Best Data. I bought the card in September and now am
forced to buy another one. Needless to say my next card will not be from
Best Data.

All comments/suggestions are welcome.