Old November 2nd 03, 05:08 AM
Rev. Tim McIntire

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 20:53:29 -0800, Sept1967 wrote:

Try the late 33.xx series up to early 44 series. I use 44.03 on mine.

Brother man, I do believe you solved my problem! I downloaded the latest
Hyperion drivers, installed 'em. Then I uninstalled my nVidia 45.23 (I
think, it's late, and I'm not too bright) and loaded 40.something. Reboot,
and UT ran as it should for about five minutes, then it froze hard. I
rebooted and ran Ghost Recon, and it ran for about five minutes, and IT
froze hard. So I uninstalled the older nVidia drivers and reinstalled the
newest, rebooted, and so far, everything *seems* to be working okay.
Maybe it WAS the VIA drivers that were the problem.

Should I get the hard freeze again (and the pessimist in me assumes I
will), is that a more accurate symptom of something, do y'all think?
Either way, I'm going to bed relieved instead of angry at the technology
gods, so thanks for EVERYTHING.

--
Rev. Tim
http://www.reverendtim.com