Old November 1st 03, 07:52 PM
Rev. Tim McIntire

Default Chaintech Ti4200 and D3D Problem

Hey, all...

I've been Googling all day to find a solution (or at least a reason) for
my problem, which is that I just finished putting together a new machine,
and everything's great except I'm experiencing some D3D errors with my
Chaintech Ti4200 64MB vid card.

My setup:

AMD Athlon XP+ 2600
512 MB DDR400
Aopen AK77-400N motherboard
Chaintech Ti4200 64 MB video card
Win98SE (for games)

I've tried old and new drivers for the card, DirectX 8 and Direct X 9,
stepping the card down to 4X AGP, but so far, every time I run dxdiag, I
fail all the D3D tests.

I'd be very grateful for any ideas anyone can throw my way. I was hoping
to spend a lazy Saturday watching my old games suddenly look better, and
instead, I'm looking at UT in windowed mode and failing dxdiag tests.

Thanks a million!

--
Rev. Tim McIntire
http://www.reverendtim.com