Old July 4th 03, 05:27 AM
Inglo

Simon Mallatratt cam up with this on 7/3/2003 9:28 AM:

HI

I have a Leadtek Geforce 3 Ti 500 meg card......this card is very good

Would there be a noticable difference if i brought a

Leadtek FX 5600 256m card

my Spec

I've got the same card (and a XP2500) and I've done a bit of research
about upgrading. My two choices are either of the mid-ranges FX5600 or
ATI9[5/6]00; from the benchmarks I've seen the FX5600 seems to outdo the
ATI by a bit, it does cost $30-40 more though.
Definitely you'll see a difference, in numbers at least, in Quake3 your
FPS would go from ~250 to 330 (guessing, you get my point though). You
might not really see any difference in games until the new DX9 games
come out. Then you'll be real glad you got one.
I'm personally waiting until games like HL2 and Doom3 actually hit the
shelves though and I hear what real people have to say about different
cards with them.

--
"I've got blisters on me fingers"

Steve [Inglo]