Old October 15th 03, 04:43 AM
Don Enderton

Default 3.8 drivers and ATI 9600 - Device Manager shows 4 monitors!!

Why am I seeing two monitors of the model I use and two "default" monitors,
when I look in Device Manager?

When I look at Display Properties, Settings, Advanced, Monitor, there is a
monitor selection drop-down box at the top with the choice of my monitor on
the bottom and "default monitor" on the top; default monitor seems to be
preselected.

When I look at XP's System Information, I see two drivers, a primary and a
secondary.

Now I know this card and driver combination is supposed to support two
monitors (or one monitor and a TV) but why am I seeing TWO default monitors
and TWO of my model of monitor in device manager?

I tried uninstalling one of the extra monitors via device manager and
rebooting; mistake! Had to system restore to an earlier time to get any
picture back at all.