Old May 25th 04, 11:03 PM
PS

"cowboyz" wrote in message
PS wrote:
Hello-

Does anybody know why we are getting these bogus messages from
windows XP?

system: HP XW4100 pentium4 3.0GHz with Nvidia Quadro4-380 XGL graphics
driver: 52.16 and 56.72

attempt to use 3d Windows XP screensaver: "could not find any
compatible direct3d devices"

run dxdiag: all Direct3D tabs are greyed out.

Hardware Acceleration slider is already at "Full",

Already searched google and tried all suggestions, nothing gets
Direct3D back. Many people have experienced this problem, no solution
in sight. These are new systems, there is no reason that we should be
seeing "could not find any compatible direct3d devices" messages!

Thanks
PS

I would be looking at northbridge drivers.

I downloaded and installed the latest Intel(R) Chipset Software Installation
Utility, but it didn't fix the problem. 3D Windows XP screensaver still
doesn't work, "could not find any compatible direct3d devices". dxdiag: all
Direct3D settings are greyed out.
any other ideas? Is there a better way to get at "northbridge" drivers?
thanks