Old July 23rd 04, 09:58 PM
Pen

try deleting ALL the USB items in device manager
and then reboot. Let the system rediscover everything.

"Kevin Altizer" wrote in message
.com...
Computer: Compaq k6 amd 533 mhz 128 ram win98se
Printer: Lexmark X1150 All -in- One

I bought the printer, it worked fine for several months. Got a virus,
restored my machine, which I've done several times. I've updated the

BIOS
ROM, updated the USB drivers, ran scanreg / fix and fixed registry.

The
computer does not see the printer. I tested the printer and cable on
another machine, worked fine.

When I power the printer up, plug in the usb cable, I get an extra usb

hub
listed in device mgr. under usb controllers. I already have four

there, two
USB Root Hubs and two VIA Tech 3038 PCI to USB hubs. The extra one

that
comes up when the printer is plugged in is a Generic USB Hub. I've

tried
right-clicking this and updating the driver with the lexmark cd,

didn't
help. I've tried add printer from control panel. When trying that

way, I
get to the port dialog box and it shows an online printer port, a

print to
file entry, and the LPT1 printer port, and also the COM1 port, but no

USB
port. I've done the live chat thing with compaq with about five

different
people. They've given up. The person that has a positive solution

for this
printer/computer problem deserves a silver star medal.

Any takers?
tia kevin