Old August 10th 04, 06:00 PM
Eric

Cool thx -- sorry for the misspelling.

"Shawn Barnhart" wrote in message

"Eric" wrote in message
Is there any problem with non-intel processors (like the Anthlon) in

this
moboard?

I"m thinking of swapping out my P4 2.6 GHZ Intel for an Anthlon -- since
Anthlons get much better performance on Doom3.

What are the issues with swapping out? Would I need to reinstall my OS

(Win
XP)?

I don't mean to be cruel, but if you did some more reading about the
"Anthlon" (sic), you'd realize that (a) it's spelled "Athlon" and (b) it's
not compatible with an Intel-socket motherboard. It requires a

motherboard
with a socket appropriate for the CPU, which in turn is dependent on which
Athlon CPU you want to use -- the Athlon name has been applied to a number
of different CPUs.