Old November 4th 10, 09:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
dgront

Default What is the unique feature of GA-X58A-UD3R?

I would like to buy GA-X58A-UD3R MoB for my i7. The problem is that my
university will pay for it from public money. I can't just go to the
nearest store and grab it.

Instead, my university has to publish the "Express of interest" that
it wants to buy a computer. I can write the relevant part of it but I
can't name any specific brand in this document. So the sellers may
offer anything that satisfies tech specs and I can't say I want
Gigabyte. The cheapest offer wins and I have no control over what my
institution is buying.

So what should I write in the "Express of interest" to get GA-X58A-
UD3R? No other _cheaper_ board may satisfy the criteria I am
providing.

For example, I also want to buy Intel i7 processor without saying the
word "intel". So I am asking for a CPU that:
- I can run Mac OS X on it
- has at least 4 cores
- the clock is at least 3.08 GHz
- is not slower on the standard benchmark XYZ (whatever...) that i7
950.

So I need a combination of features and parameters (numbers, MHz, GHz,
milliseconds - you name it) that uniquely define GA-X58A-UD3R.

Best,
Dominik

PS. I need GA-X58A-UD3R to install Mac OS X on a PC, I know for sure
it runs on this board+CPU. If you know by any chance what makes a
mother board Mac OS X - compatible, I may state that instead of
insisting on GA-X58A-UD3R.

PSS Boards better than GA-X58A-UD3R (say, GA-X58A-UD5) are also OK,
just GA-X58A-UD3R is cheaper.

PST Note, that I am naming "Mac OS X" brand but the trick is that I
am NOT buying it...