Old November 7th 09, 01:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Edward[_7_]

Default Software will not install on new Silent Cell 9800 GT on Windows7 64 bit

jk wrote:
On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 06:44:05 -0600, Edward wrote:

I built a new system using a GV-N98tsl-1g1 graphics card. The drivers
have installed and updated, but I cannot install the software on the CD.
It starts, loads the splash screen, then locks up. I am using Windows
7, 64 bit. Any suggestions? Gigabyte tech support has not responded to
my email in three days. Anyone have a phone number for tech support in
the U.S.?

I have seen that a windows 7 system without any login-password cannot
install several programs like antivirus programs. If you add a
password (since it is missing) then cold boot is necessary.

Just a guess.

best regards

John

Thanks John. I'll give it a try.