Old December 7th 03, 08:49 AM
Paul Duffy

In article ,
says...
Paul Duffy paul at scim dot co dot uk wrote in message ...

IBM Brought out a BIOS/EDID upgrade for the others (I've got a DG3) to
address the frequency upgrade rate. I still can't visualise what you
mean by this dual link DVI box....

The firmware upgrade doesn't change the refresh rate of the DG3, it's
still at 41Hz.

The Quadro FX 3000 has a dual-link DVI port that can talk to the DG5
at 3840x2400@24Hz. That way you don't have to use horizontal span.
It's 1 screen using 1 DVI port. The FX2k has a dual-link DVI port
also but no one has tested it with the DG5.

Hi

Is that using the Genlock on the 3k or is it handled through the
EDID/BIOS settings?

While you're right in your suggestion would a driver that 'hid' it's
processing mode also fix the problem? i.e. Present in Windows as one
monitor while working as a horizontal span' two monitor setup in the
background. The problem isn't windows...it's 3D apps that want to go
into 3840x2400 mode.

Paul