Old October 19th 07, 06:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Phil Weldon

Default How much of a speed increase?

'Moo' wrote:
| Nice, thanks for that... might be investing in one of those!
_____

Well, the FPS rating is not exactly linear as a comparison benchmark. After
all, who can SEE 1000 frames per second (or 100). At most, an FPS rating
may indicate the EXCESS CAPACITY of a CPU/Memory System/Graphics System) for
displaying a scripted section of a game. An EXCESS CAPACITY that may or may
not ever be called on. [Not to mention that 160% does not even seem to be a
number that can be extracted from the cited page!]

Benchmarks are of limited value, ESPECIALLY when improperly interpreted.
And as long as "when I do decide to upgrade the PC completely I'm gonna have
to upgrade every component has technology has moved on drastically" then
surely the non DX10 capable 7950 GT would not be in the cards. What SLI
gives you is a choice - install one card, and, if game play is not
satisfying to you, then adding a second, identical card is an easy upgrade.

Unless you are going for bragging rights evaluation of game play is much
more useful than comparing benchmarks.

Phil Weldon

http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphi...21 &chart=318