Old December 12th 03, 01:33 AM
DaveW

The Ti4800 has similar clock speed to the FX5600 so you won't gain much
there. BUT, the 5600 is DX9 compatible, which the 4800 is not. So you
won't be seeing Doom 3 in all its glory.

--
DaveW

"Jerry" wrote in message
Hi,

I am probably going to get a new setup P4 3.0Ghz HT, 1.0GB PC3200,
Twin SATA Seagate HDD in RAID etc.. The one thing I have completely
lost track of is Graphics Card technology I am looking at either a GF
FX 5200 or a 5600 (128mb versions) but am really wondering how much of
a difference this will make over my GeForce Ti4800 (128mb)

Like a lot of people I am on a budget for this stuff, so don't want to
blow a lot of money on an all singing, all dancing Graphics card if I
am not going to see a lot of difference on screen

I am not interested in VIVO at all, DVI might be nice if i upgrade to
TFT at some point in the future but that's about it.

Many thanks for all your expert help

Jerry