Old November 11th 03, 09:33 PM
bowgus

It seems that with my Win98, I'm obliged as far as I can tell ... to check
the "Extend my windows desktop ..." box to enable the 2nd display. So I
guess maybe when I updated the drivers, since my projector was on, it
somehow became the primary ... I guess. Anyway, thanks for the help ... I've
got a coupla dual monitor forums to search ... later. thanks again.

"tq96" wrote in message
last night (why I do these things late I dunno) I decided to upgrade
to the 45.23 drivers ... when all's done, my desktop appears on the
projector (the projector appears as monitor1) ... arrg ... so I get
that straightened away and say to myself ... hmmm ... there must be an
easy way (regedit, I dunno) to force my desktop to run on either the
Hitachi or the InFocus to facilitate gaming, showing slides etc. Can

Since you are using Win98, you may not be able to do what you wish. If

you
go into Display\Settings and see that "Extend my Windows desktop onto this
monitor" enabled for both monitors, then you are stuck...unless you are
willing to make changes.

If you are using NVidia's multimonitor support, then you should be able to
adjust this. Just go into Display\Settings\Advanced\Your Card\NView
Display Mode. Set the "Make this the primary display" option for

whichever
monitor you'd like the desktop on.

From what it sounds like, you may want to try the "Clone" option in the
"NView Display Mode" options. This will output the same image to both
displays and change the display settings of the secondary monitor whenever
the settings on the primary monitor change. You can use the "Full Screen
Device" in the "Overlay Controls" to control which monitor DVDs play on.