Old October 27th 03, 08:03 AM
Darthy

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 19:25:59 +0000 (UTC), "Swz"
wrote:

I'm about to get a new graphics card but my motherboard only supports x4
speed. The card i intend to get is agpx8 (fx5600). Will the bottleneck be
a noticable problem playing games?
Shall i upgrade my motherboard before i get one? How noticable is the
perfermance increase from x4 to x8?

AGP 8x may add 0~3fps... Its not much better than AGP 4x, which is not
a big improvement in performance over AGP 2x.

Its marketing, don't worry about.

If you're willing to spend the money, perhaps a better video card? If
speed *IS* a concern, the 5600 is still kinda low-end.

But what is your current hardware? If you're still using a
PIII-600Mhz, then you should upgrade anyways... but what do you have?

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!