Old December 27th 03, 08:13 PM
kato

wrote in message
Any help with this one would be very gratefully received:

I have just installed a new Graphics card and Motherboard in my PC:

GeForce 5600 and Gigabyte GA-7VA.

The trouble is, nothing (nothing!) is displayed on the monitor unless
I remove the graphics card and refit it just before I switch the
machine on. If I leave the machine off overnight - in the morning the
graphics card has to be removed and refitted before it will boot up.
The harddrive and power light come on but there is no video.

I have cleared the CMOS and loaded the fail-safe defaults but I am
beat with this one...

...does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Jo

I just had the same problem trying to fit an MSI fx5600 - on closer
examination it turned out that the fan / heatsink was too close to the
contacts and would not let the card sit fully in the slot (you can actually
feel it 'rocking' on the heatsink as you try to press it into the slot).

I removed it (just two clips), filed the edge of the heatsink down and
refitted back onto the card. Plugged it back into the pc and it worked
perfectly.

What make is your card?