Old January 21st 06, 09:08 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Default Cant play movies

"old jon" wrote in message

"Borrox" wrote in message
Hi

Just noticed this the other day. I wanted to play an ECD and see the
extra stuff so I went through the normal way to play it, Windows Media
Player came up and that was it even though I have a GeForce 6600 256Mb
card recently fitted. The system went on a go slow forcing me to reboot.
I tried again and the same happened.
I have been able to play DVD films before the new video card but for some
reason stopped playing them. I have re-downloaded and re-installed
Windows Media Player 10 and get the same result.
What could be causing this to happen when there was nothing done to
really warrant this behaviour?
Many thanks
Nig

Hi Nig. WMP 10 is more M$ bloatware.
Go to this site and D\load MPC, it`ll do what you want, without bothering
with codecs (they`re already in ).
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...er_Classic.htm

--
bw..OJ

Thanks OJ

I will download and give it a go. What could be the reason for this
happening? All I can think of is Windows Media Player 10.

Many thanks

Nig