Old January 21st 06, 02:25 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Default Cant play movies

Hi

Just noticed this the other day. I wanted to play an ECD and see the extra
stuff so I went through the normal way to play it, Windows Media Player came
up and that was it even though I have a GeForce 6600 256Mb card recently
fitted. The system went on a go slow forcing me to reboot. I tried again and
the same happened.
I have been able to play DVD films before the new video card but for some
reason stopped playing them. I have re-downloaded and re-installed Windows
Media Player 10 and get the same result.
What could be causing this to happen when there was nothing done to really
warrant this behaviour?
Many thanks
Nig