Old August 7th 04, 06:17 PM
Augustus

"GT-Force" wrote in message
Hi,

I just can't help but see that people are not ****ed off, but in fact

paying
these ridiculous graphics card bills.

I remember the days we were paying $65 for a really good graphics card.
Although I know that todays's cards are way way different than those

days',
I still think that especially latest generation cards are way overpriced.
$600?!? $500? Please, even $400?

It's always been that way. You want bleeding edge, you pay. Back in early
1998 I paid over $300 Cdn for a new Diamond Monster 3D Voodoo card. I paid
over $200 Cdn at the same time for a decent 2D/3D 4Mb Diamond Viper 330 AGP
card. For those of you who don't remember, you needed both cards in your
system. The Voodoo had a pass through cable from the other vide card. AT the
time, this was pretty much cutting edge state of the art. Total cost, 8
years ago, over $500. Total cost today, at least $550. So how have things
changed costwise, exactly?