Old September 14th 03, 12:04 PM
ginfest

"NickNick" skrev i meddelandet
news
Please excuse my total ignorance, but are the problems with the FX cards
driver or hardware related. I have always been an "nVidia man" and want

buy an FX5900. If the problems are driver related, I would be optimistic

and
buy the card hoping that future drivers would solve the problems. If the
problems are hardware related, then obviously, drivers will never not

solve
the problems. If the latter, I will have to think again regarding what

buy.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Nick.

There are a bunch of "NV Haters" on the web, as stated on Rage3D many times
they feel they owe NV/NV owners for some percieved slights when NV was in
the drivers seat with thier hw. These people have been going on and on for
months and this HL2 stuff has really caused an overload of criticism.
Take NV News website for example-the site is flooded with ATI card owners
just ripping NV to shreds, not in the ATI Card section, but in the NV Card
section-total BS-they work on the "squeaky wheel" principle-I'd be very wary
of what is said as truth-unfortunately I get to read many fora every day and
see the same screen names on multiple sites with the same comments-makes one
wonder where the objectivity is?
I have both cards and there is more to the story than what is written on the
web-
ex: Hl2 benches show NV losing
5x.xx series of drvs said to fix problems
Driverheaven(ATI supported) site says 5x.xx drvs suck
and on and on.
Wait 'til the dust settles.

---