Old January 18th 13, 04:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Terry Pinnell[_3_]

Default Had to roll back from 310.90

I updated my nVIDIA GeoForce 8800GT driver a week or so ago to version
310.90. But I hit a major problem. I use FRAPS (mainly to record Google
Earth tours) and the frame rate dropped from its typical 20-30 fps to an
unacceptable 5-6 fps. Some googling last night revealed that it's a known
issue.

So I used the Roll Back facility on this PC and am now using the driver
which Win XP calls 6.14.13.623. If I've got the hang of the conversion
that means version 362.3 in nVidia terms, yes? Is that my best choice? If
not, could someone give me a pointer to a more stable/reliable one pleased

But to my dismay this roll back has not fixed the FRAPS problem. Yet I WAS
using that version for many months with FRAPS with no problem.

Anyone have any ideas what I should try next please?

BTW, it might be unrelated but I've just noticed that in Device Manager
Display adapters there's another entry as well as nVidia, called LogMeIn
Mirror Driver. Haven't had time to research that yet.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK