Old November 15th 08, 11:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Don[_14_]

Default Nvidia Viewsonic Problem

"Augustus" wrote in message

"Don" wrote in message
I am running a Windows XP Pro machine with an Intel motherboard. I have a
Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT video card and a Viewsonic VP2330wb flat panel
monitor. When I was using an ATI video card, I could run the resolution
at 1920*1200. But with the Nvidia, if I try and run the monitor at that
resolution the text is fuzzy and mostly illegible. Everything is fine if
I back down the resolution to 1600*1200. I've just upgraded the software
to version 178.24 but nothing has changed. Does anyone have any idea what
is going on? And is there any way to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Native resolution for this monitor is 1920x1200 at 60Hz and it should look
just fine on a 9600GT at this resolution. Do you have the refresh rate set
at 60Hz? Are the *.inf files for the monitor installed?

It is running at 60 hertz. Where should I look for the inf files for the
monitor?