Old November 12th 08, 04:08 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Dastardly Dan

Default How do I get my NVIDIA system tray back in my Windows XP?

"Ant" wrote in message
m...
Hi.

Rarely, my explorer.exe will crash and relaunch. However, I lose my NVIDIA
system tray icon. Is there a way to get the icon back without rebooting or
logging off/on? I tried NVIDIA's control panel - View menu - "Show
Notification Tray Icon" option, but that didn't work.

Thank you in advance.

It's probably the Nvidia tray applet and something else that is loaded that
is causing explorer to crash for some reason. Sort that out and you won't
need to find a way to manually start it. Type msconfig in the run box and
disable/enable items under the startup tab one at a time until explorer
stops crashing. Then you will have the culprit. Unless it is being caused by
a hardware issue, like flaky ram.