Old April 21st 08, 03:11 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Default Sparkle 8600GT with extremely slow memory clock.HELP please

I have just bought a Sparkle Geforce 8600 GT (SF-PX86GT512U2-HP) for
AU
$135.

http://www.sparkle.com.tw/product_de...=63&sub_id=121

I found out that Sparkle fits a very slow DDR2 memory on this card.
GPU-z reported:

Gpu = 540 MHz (That's fine)
Memory = 300 MHz (?!!!!!!)
shader = 1188 MHz (That's fine)

RivaTuner , AtiTool and GPU-z all reported that the memory clock of
this card only runs at 300Mhz (Which means x2=600MHz?), compared to
other brands' 8600GT cards .Their memory clock all runs at around
1.4GHz-1.6GHz range (the Gigabyte GV-NX86T512H) for example.

How come a 8600GT card runs at 600 MHz memory clock spds?
My old 6600GT at least have 1000MHz memory clock speed.

Strange thing on Sparkle web site is that they do report the memory
clock speed of their DDR3 range of 8600GT but said nothing about the
8600GT DDR2 memory clock speed?

I read a lots about memory clock of other brands of 8600GT on the net
and I never saw such a slow memory clock like this card. Did I miss
something? Maybe I interpretate the clock speed wrongly, x4 or x2?

If you have a Sparkle 8600GT card with 512 MB DDR2 please check for
me with Rivatuner, ATiTool or GPU-z to see if it reports
memory clock at 300MHz or not.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,