Old April 10th 08, 10:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Lee M.

Default Best socket A mobo

I am perfectly happy with the performance of my Epox 8RDA3+ and Athlon 2700+
CPU with WinXP SP2 and 1.2GB RAM. I had an 8RDA+ die due to bad caps and
while my 8RDA3+ runs fine, it occasionally fails to boot, especially on a
warm start, until the 2nd or 3rd attempt. I've read that this is a symptom
of failing caps so I'm looking for a replacement/backup. Would like to
stick with the nForce2 chipset.

I want to stick with a major brand (Abit, ASUS, etc.) Are there any brands
of socket A mobos that weren't susceptible (or less susceptible than most)
to the bad cap problem? I've always been an Epox guy but my impression is
that Epox boards may have had more capacitor problems than some others.
Plus they are out of business.

Any thoughts?